Schezwan Noodles?? Makes you drool, right?!! We Indians love our ‘desi’ Indo-Chinese….we may pretend to apprecite the gourmet, Asian-style spreads at the most sought after restaurants…but you’ll find us literally stuffing our faces with these street style noodles…or fried rice and some cornflour laden, soy sauce soaked manchurian gravies more often than not😍😍😍😂 and I am no different, I am in love with our ‘desi’ Chinese which is absolutely no where close to the authentic cuisine but what the heck?! It’s just too yummy to part with….and it’s one of my favourite things in the whole wide world 🤗 There! I said it!
So, having said that…what would you expect from me if I have a few packets of Hakka noodles sitting in my pantry and one hungry husband on a weekend ….with no plans to step out because the man ain’t in the mood to drive 😩 I make some street vendor style Schezwan Noodles…spicy….loaded with veggies…full of flavours and absolutely lip-smacking good😍😍😍 besides, it gets done in about 30 minutes…what’s not to love👌🏼
Actually, it’s better than your favourite take-out as this is healthier because of the veggies and I’ve added very little oil. Spicese, yes…added a whole lot of spices while making it as we prefer it to be hot! 😁 So, if you’ve been a person who starts sneezing and coughing at the first bite of anything spicy…tone this recipe down a couple of notches and you’ll survive 😉 I have used my homemade Schezwan sauce here and I did serve this with some quick Schezwan paneer….basically, everything was Schezwan 😑🤔 how’d that happen?!
Enough said! Start cooking…pronto!
Spicy, delicious and easy to make vegetarian take-out in just 30 minutes!!
- 2 packets of Hakka Noodles (boiled as per the instructions on the package)
- 1+1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cabbage
- 1 cup julienned capsicum
- 1 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion whites
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Schezwan sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp noodle Masala (Indian grocery stores carry it, else skip it and add black pepper powder)
- 3 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 nos. whole red chillies
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (optional)
- In the wok, heat oil until nice and hot.
- Then add the ginger, garlic, whole red chilies and spring onion whites.
- Sauté these on high flame until the garlic turns golden.
- Then add all the veggies along with salt and noodle Masala (black pepper).
- Keep mixing well and sautéing on high flame for the next 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the sauces - Schezwan, soy, chilly.
- Add vinegar and ketchup too.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Now tip in the boiled noodles (ensure that the noodles are al-dentè).
- Use tongs to mix the veggies with the noodles and be gentle.
- You don't want to break any of those gorgeous noodles.
- Once everything is looking good, add the spring onion greens and give them a last mix.
- That's it, serve them piping hot!
You can add any veggies if your choice. Add proteins of your choice...like shredded chicken or some sautéed prawns if you like seafood.
Doesn’t that make you drool?! 😃 …you should make some👆🏼 I usually pair this with some sautéed veggies and obviously, a glass of chilled Coke!! Heheh!!
Pin it here for later!?