I am back with another easy pressure cooker cake recipe! Yayy! Yayy….because it’s eggless this time! Yup….I know most of my beloved readers out there wanted to learn to bake an eggless cake in the pressure cooker the last time when I’d posted my Mom’s Vanilla Sponge Cake in the Pressure Cooker recipe….. I also know that I am a bit late than I thought I would be…but better late than never, right!? 😄 A ONE BOWL WONDER….
The best thing about this cake is that it can be baked as well. So, it ain’t necessary that you must bake it in a pressure cooker only. I use the same recipe to bake some muffins in my OTG from the leftover batter as this cake baked in the pressure cooker….and this what it looked like…perfect flat top! You can frost it like a pro!
It was just perfect…this is my go to recipe whenever I am planning on an eggless, vegan chocolate cake😍 I had discovered this recipe long ago..although it had butter originally but I have been using oil …and it stayed with me. Works like a charm….perfect texture!
I have used this recipe even for a proper frosted cake. It’s easy to slice in layers and frost well as the crumbs do not just fall off either. It stays fresh for 2-3 days at room temperature too.
Since I’ve raved so much about it…it’s only fair we look at recipe now😀
Line the cake tin with baking paper/ parchment paper. Dust it with a bit of flour.
In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
Next, add lemon juice, oil, vanilla extract, warm water. Mix everything well but do not over mix the ingredients as that results in a heavy cake.
Heat the pressure cooker on high flame for 10 mins. Place a stand/ bowl or plate inside at the bottom. DON’T ADD WATER IN THE COOKER.
Fill the batter in the ready tin upto half its capacity and place the tin in the heated pressure cooker on the bowl/ stand kept at the base. Cover the pressure cooker with it lid but remove its gasket and weight. Bake on medium flame for 40-45 mins.
Do a toothpick test and check if the cake is ready after 40 mins, it should come out with a few moist crumbs, if your cake is ready then remove from the cooker using kitchen tongs and cool the tin on cooling rack for 15-20 mins before unmoulding the cake.
If the cake in undercooked, then let it cook for another 10 mins. It should be ready by then. Slice and serve.
To bake the muffins, fill each muffin mould upto 3/4 th of it’s capacity. Then, I pre-heated the oven @180’c for 10 mins. Next, I baked the muffins for 20-22 mins @180’c. (Each oven works differently so please adjust the baking time and temperature). Do take a toothpick test. Cool them for 15 mins on a cooling fack before unmoulding. Enjoy!
This cake keeps well in an airtight box for 2-3 days.
Egg free, Butter free, one bowl delicious, light and airy Chocolate flavored sponge cake baked in a Pressure Cooker or in the oven and it gives perfect results every time!!
- 1 + 1/2 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil (I used regular cooking oil)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice / vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line the cake tin with baking paper/ parchment paper. Dust it with a bit of flour.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Next, add lemon juice, oil, vanilla extract, warm water.
- Mix everything well but do not over mix the ingredients as that results in a heavy cake.
- Heat the pressure cooker on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Place a stand/ bowl or plate inside at the bottom.
- DON'T ADD WATER IN THE COOKER.
- Fill the batter in the ready tin up to half its capacity and place the tin in the heated pressure cooker on the bowl/ stand kept at the base.
- Cover the pressure cooker with it lid but remove its gasket and weight.
- Bake on medium flame for 40-45 minutes.
This cake keeps well in an airtight box for 2-3 days. This recipe can be used to make cupcakes too that are flat topped and perfect for frosting.
Make this soon…because it hardly takes any time! Sounds cheesy…well…I can’t help it!! 😂